Harold Reemsnyder's Recent Activities ...
Back to Meet Harold Reemsnyder
- Presented seminar on Fracture Assessment of Damaged Ship Structures to the Salvage Engineering Response Team, U. S. Coast Guard.
- Assisted a major manufacturer of specialty steels to develop the capability to perform axial-load fatigue tests in their R&D laboratory.
- Participated, as instructor, in the ASM International Course Mechanical Testing of Metals sponsored by the Lehigh Valley Section, of ASM International.
- Assisted the manufacturer of replacement blades for aero gas turbines to acquire FAA approval.
- Participated in the activities of the Ship Structure Committee (SSC), Click for Details.
- Lecturer in the BMT-Fleet short course, Fatigue and Fracture Analysis of Ship Structures .Click for Details.
- Fatigue life extension of a component in a hydrostatic forming press for an automotive supplier.
- Durability analysis of a welded frame in an off-road dump-truck for a mining machinery manufacturer.
- Fitness-for-purpose analysis of a critical steering component for an automotive supplier.
- Fitness-for-purpose analysis of a pressurized gas cylinder.
- Participated with Fracture Technology Associates in the development of aircraft aluminum alloys with enhanced fatigue crack growth resistance.
- Revision of ASTM International Standard Test Method for Crack-Tip Opening Displacement (CTOD) Fracture Toughness Measurement, E 1290-02.
- Contribution, Failure Assessment Diagrams, to ASM International Handbook 11 on Failure Analysis and Prevention, 2002.
- Editorial review of ASM International publications.
- Encouraged and nurtured young folk in their pursuit of engineering careers.